Archive for April, 2012
It is fairly common in an India Matrimony set up for the parents and relatives to initiate an arranged marriage for their son or daughter. This could be initiated through word of mouth, through a matrimonial website or with the help of a marriage bureau. Either which ways, there are going to be multiple occasions when you are expected to meet a complete stranger and gauge whether or not they will make a suitable life partner for yourself.
Overcoming the Pressures of Making the Right Intention
It is understandable that this could put a lot of pressure on yourself since you would also be focusing on making the right impression. At the same time, you must make sure that the stress of the situation does not hold you back from striking an interesting conversation so that you can actually gauge the opposite persons intentions and qualities.
Here are a few topics you can bring up while you are meeting someone for the purpose of an India Matrimony-
1. With a number of resources at hand to conduct a background check on the person through social networking profiles, you could look up some of his or her interests and try to get to know a little more about the person through that.
2. If you are told that the person is into sports, talk about his or her interests and you will be able to gauge his level of commitment, dedication and passion.
3. Try to keep the conversation as casual as possible so that you are able to be yourself and also make sure that the prospective bride or groom is also comfortable around you.
4. Bringing up informal conversations with respect to movies, music, books, likes, dislikes can tell you enough about the person in the first meeting to gauge whether or not you would like to meet this person again.
The idea is to make sure that you do not succumb from the pressures of making an impression and try to be yourself as much as possible. The more comfortable you are the easier it will be for you to engage with the opposite person and make the right decision.
There are hundreds and thousands of Indian women who aspire to meet their prince charming through Indian matrimonial sites. Before you get carried away with all the possibilities offered to you through these portals, it is important for every woman who chooses to register on these websites to be wary of cheats and fraudsters on these websites.
Increasing Number of Complaints
With more and more women making complaints over men befriending unsuspecting women through these portals and eventually cheating them, it is crucial that you are conscious about the website you choose to sign up on and look out for those signs that will help protect yourself from such fraudulent profiles and ensure a positive experience on these Indian matrimonial sites.
Looking out for yourself on Marriage Portals
To ensure that you are able to make the most of your time on a marriage portal, it is important that you are a little careful about the areas you tread into and the type of people you interact with. Here are some tips on how you can protect yourself from fraudsters on these portals –
1. Before you give away personal information on Indian matrimonial websites, it is important for you to verify whether or not the website in hand is reliable and also check the type of people who register there.
2. Do not initiate sharing of information with any member of the website, unless you are completely sure they are who they claim to be. Before giving away more information about yourself, try to gather more information about the opposite party, try to remove references and get your family members and relatives involved if need be.
4. Do not get carried away with the talks of other people you interact with on the website and try to not meet a potential life partner all by yourself for the first time.
If you are a little careful about how you conduct yourself on a marriage portal, you are bound to have a pleasant experience and find yourself the ideal partner for life.
A basic research shows that there are surprisingly similar figures involved in the user segment of social networking websites and Indian matrimonial portals. While the Indian social media segment has an active user group aged 14 o 30 years of age, the most active members belong to the age group of 16 and 24 years.
While the main motive behind logging on the these websites is leverage cheap and accessible options to stay connected with friends, evidently the online Indian matrimonial segment has been able to develop its own set of niche clients who log on for an entirely different purpose.
Motivation to Log On
Online matrimonial portals typically cater to an age group ranging between 18 and 40 year olds, their objectives are far more defined. A major factor which sets apart social networking portals from match making website is that once the purpose of the user on a match making portal is solved, there is no reason for them to come back and log into their profile.
Reliability of User Information
Another major factor that discriminates both these platforms is the simple truth that users tend not to lie too much on match making websites, whereas the information they update on social networking platforms tend to be exaggerated many times.
Adherence to Indian Traditions
The fact of the matter is that social networking portals such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter will never be able to replace the concept of Indian matrimonial portals, simply because the match making portals have been able to integrate a number of culture specific features into their interfaces which entirely lack in the more mass social media platforms.
Match making websites help integrate easy involvement of families and societies into the system This, isn’t possible on social platforms.
The largest segment that has been able to optimize the benefits of match making portals is the NRI segment which does not reside within the country but is looking to find a life partner from their home land. These portals enhance connectivity and provide opportunities for NRI’s residing in all parts of the world to find for themselves marital bliss with a click of their mouse.
With the world becoming a smaller place and with the ever growing opportunities of young boys and girls befriending other young boys and girls belonging to all kinds of ethnicities, casts and creeds; there is a growing incidence of interracial matrimonial. While from a traditional perspective, there are still a large number of people in India and around the world who frown upon interracial marriages. At the same time, there are more open minded families who are more than happy to welcome into their family brides or grooms who belong to different parts of the country or even the world.
Having said that, there is also no denying that maintaining a harmonious interracial matrimonial can be somewhat of a challenge. Typically, inter-cast marriages have equal chances to be successful and harmonious as any other union which is between two people belonging to the same ethnic background; factors such as religious beliefs, up-bringing and attitudes can differ at many levels.
Whether or you’re your marriage will go through any kind of additional stress as compared to other marriages is largely dependent on how you and you marital partner opt to treat the situation as well as the type of support of pressure your families put on you.
1. At all times remember not to let what other people feel about your relationship with your spouse come in the way of your matrimonial relationship.
2. It is important to always exhibit mutual respect for each other as well as the other person’s culture and belief system no matter how different it is from your own.
3. Work as a team at all times and look at having mature and thoughtful discussions which are solution based instead of converting a conversation into a fight then a blame game.
4. It is important that you are realistic about your differences at all times and learn how to focus on the things that you have in common and strengthen them.
At the same time, it is wrong to assume that every problem that your marriage is facing is due to the racial discrepancy. Remember to give your marriage a mature consideration and approach and you are bound to live a blissful and happy life together.