Archive for the ‘Matrimonial’ Category
You may have just taken your matrimonial vows and life has finally begun for you and your spouse. Irrespective of whether your marriage is arranged or you fell in love, or both; there are bound to be major changes that you will be making in your life to accommodate the new family member.
There are many changes that will have take place in your life, simple things like the sharing the same space at home, the way you plan your expenses and what you choose to do together and when you are apart. Especially in an Indian setting, where the bride makes the move into a new home where the couple is probably going to be living with a host of other family members, there is a lot more to consider than each other’s needs.
Let’s look at the various aspects of settling into a new life that ensures matrimonial bliss for the couple as well as the family members –
Sharing your Space
The couple may or may not be used to sharing their space with another family member, no matter the love that exists between them. This is a time of new beginnings, so it is important to be patient with each other’s needs and mutually set ground rules on how they intend to harmoniously share space within a home. If the couple is living with other family members they will also have to take into consideration their need for space before choosing to redecorate or make any major changes in the dynamics and structure of the home.
Sharing Ideas and Belief Systems
Even if the couple may have had sufficient time to get to know each other prior to the matrimonial, there are a number of new things you will learn about your spouse only after you start living together. It is important that you are accepting towards the many ideas, beliefs and quirks that you may or may not agree to. At the same time, remember that you may have some quirks of your own that may be unacceptable by your partner. A happy marriage is built on understanding and compromise. Now is the time to support your spouse through the transition, rather than focusing on areas that you do not admire.
Spending time together
The way you treat your marriage and your relationship in the first phase of your marriage is the direction it will take in the long run. If you try to avoid the transition process by focusing on getting your own personal space and trying to hunt for ways in which you can have a happy marriage without the need to spend time together all the time, you are asking for trouble when your marriage needs a strong and mature foundation. There is nothing wrong with wanting to spend your free time together. Look for more activities you can do together such as house chores, and other projects which help you develop a sense of togetherness and the feeling of being a single team.
The more adaptive you are to changes at this phase of your life, the easier it will be to settle yourself in to a blissful matrimonial.
There are hundreds and thousands of Indian women who aspire to meet their prince charming through Indian matrimonial sites. Before you get carried away with all the possibilities offered to you through these portals, it is important for every woman who chooses to register on these websites to be wary of cheats and fraudsters on these websites.
Increasing Number of Complaints
With more and more women making complaints over men befriending unsuspecting women through these portals and eventually cheating them, it is crucial that you are conscious about the website you choose to sign up on and look out for those signs that will help protect yourself from such fraudulent profiles and ensure a positive experience on these Indian matrimonial sites.
Looking out for yourself on Marriage Portals
To ensure that you are able to make the most of your time on a marriage portal, it is important that you are a little careful about the areas you tread into and the type of people you interact with. Here are some tips on how you can protect yourself from fraudsters on these portals –
1. Before you give away personal information on Indian matrimonial websites, it is important for you to verify whether or not the website in hand is reliable and also check the type of people who register there.
2. Do not initiate sharing of information with any member of the website, unless you are completely sure they are who they claim to be. Before giving away more information about yourself, try to gather more information about the opposite party, try to remove references and get your family members and relatives involved if need be.
4. Do not get carried away with the talks of other people you interact with on the website and try to not meet a potential life partner all by yourself for the first time.
If you are a little careful about how you conduct yourself on a marriage portal, you are bound to have a pleasant experience and find yourself the ideal partner for life.
A basic research shows that there are surprisingly similar figures involved in the user segment of social networking websites and Indian matrimonial portals. While the Indian social media segment has an active user group aged 14 o 30 years of age, the most active members belong to the age group of 16 and 24 years.
While the main motive behind logging on the these websites is leverage cheap and accessible options to stay connected with friends, evidently the online Indian matrimonial segment has been able to develop its own set of niche clients who log on for an entirely different purpose.
Motivation to Log On
Online matrimonial portals typically cater to an age group ranging between 18 and 40 year olds, their objectives are far more defined. A major factor which sets apart social networking portals from match making website is that once the purpose of the user on a match making portal is solved, there is no reason for them to come back and log into their profile.
Reliability of User Information
Another major factor that discriminates both these platforms is the simple truth that users tend not to lie too much on match making websites, whereas the information they update on social networking platforms tend to be exaggerated many times.
Adherence to Indian Traditions
The fact of the matter is that social networking portals such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter will never be able to replace the concept of Indian matrimonial portals, simply because the match making portals have been able to integrate a number of culture specific features into their interfaces which entirely lack in the more mass social media platforms.
Match making websites help integrate easy involvement of families and societies into the system This, isn’t possible on social platforms.
The largest segment that has been able to optimize the benefits of match making portals is the NRI segment which does not reside within the country but is looking to find a life partner from their home land. These portals enhance connectivity and provide opportunities for NRI’s residing in all parts of the world to find for themselves marital bliss with a click of their mouse.
With the world becoming a smaller place and with the ever growing opportunities of young boys and girls befriending other young boys and girls belonging to all kinds of ethnicities, casts and creeds; there is a growing incidence of interracial matrimonial. While from a traditional perspective, there are still a large number of people in India and around the world who frown upon interracial marriages. At the same time, there are more open minded families who are more than happy to welcome into their family brides or grooms who belong to different parts of the country or even the world.
Having said that, there is also no denying that maintaining a harmonious interracial matrimonial can be somewhat of a challenge. Typically, inter-cast marriages have equal chances to be successful and harmonious as any other union which is between two people belonging to the same ethnic background; factors such as religious beliefs, up-bringing and attitudes can differ at many levels.
Whether or you’re your marriage will go through any kind of additional stress as compared to other marriages is largely dependent on how you and you marital partner opt to treat the situation as well as the type of support of pressure your families put on you.
1. At all times remember not to let what other people feel about your relationship with your spouse come in the way of your matrimonial relationship.
2. It is important to always exhibit mutual respect for each other as well as the other person’s culture and belief system no matter how different it is from your own.
3. Work as a team at all times and look at having mature and thoughtful discussions which are solution based instead of converting a conversation into a fight then a blame game.
4. It is important that you are realistic about your differences at all times and learn how to focus on the things that you have in common and strengthen them.
At the same time, it is wrong to assume that every problem that your marriage is facing is due to the racial discrepancy. Remember to give your marriage a mature consideration and approach and you are bound to live a blissful and happy life together.
All of us spend a major part of our lives looking for that perfect love which will tend for us, take care of us, give us comfort and jointly help make sure that you life a life of happiness, harmony and complete bliss. What most people tend not to realize is that to be able to achieve this requires a lot of hard work and effort.
For the purpose of finding the perfect life partner, simply registering with a matrimonial website is not enough. In fact it is just the beginning. When you register with a matrimonial website, you should first have complete clarity on what it is exactly that you are expecting out of your own life as well as from your life partner. Let’s go through these ideas which will help you find the perfect spouse for you online –
1. Any online matrimonial website is going to give you access to thousands of profiles of prospective brides and grooms. How would you recognize the perfect match for yourself? To begin with, it is important for you have a fair idea as to what you want him or her to be like. Each individual has their own set of ideas when it comes to the ‘perfect love’. Try to make your judgment on factors such as likes, dislikes, goals in life, ideas, attitudes and belief systems.
2. Every time you interact with a potential life partner from the website, try to mental cross of these items from the list and tally the areas where you are compatible and where you aren’t to make an unbiased an informed decision.
3. However exciting it may sound to have a life partner who is extremely good looking or rich, the fact of the matter is that it is the non-materialistic things that will help you create a strong and long lasting marriage.
In addition to gauging what you want out of your life partner, also remember to have a fair idea of what you expect out of your relationship. Through the conversations you have with him or her try to gauge whether or not he or she will be able to fulfill those needs. It is important to be realistic and also remember that every relationship is a two way street. You get as much as you give.