With the world becoming a smaller place and with the ever growing opportunities of young boys and girls befriending other young boys and girls belonging to all kinds of ethnicities, casts and creeds; there is a growing incidence of interracial matrimonial. While from a traditional perspective, there are still a large number of people in India and around the world who frown upon interracial marriages. At the same time, there are more open minded families who are more than happy to welcome into their family brides or grooms who belong to different parts of the country or even the world.
Having said that, there is also no denying that maintaining a harmonious interracial matrimonial can be somewhat of a challenge. Typically, inter-cast marriages have equal chances to be successful and harmonious as any other union which is between two people belonging to the same ethnic background; factors such as religious beliefs, up-bringing and attitudes can differ at many levels.
Whether or you’re your marriage will go through any kind of additional stress as compared to other marriages is largely dependent on how you and you marital partner opt to treat the situation as well as the type of support of pressure your families put on you.
1. At all times remember not to let what other people feel about your relationship with your spouse come in the way of your matrimonial relationship.
2. It is important to always exhibit mutual respect for each other as well as the other person’s culture and belief system no matter how different it is from your own.
3. Work as a team at all times and look at having mature and thoughtful discussions which are solution based instead of converting a conversation into a fight then a blame game.
4. It is important that you are realistic about your differences at all times and learn how to focus on the things that you have in common and strengthen them.
At the same time, it is wrong to assume that every problem that your marriage is facing is due to the racial discrepancy. Remember to give your marriage a mature consideration and approach and you are bound to live a blissful and happy life together.
All of us spend a major part of our lives looking for that perfect love which will tend for us, take care of us, give us comfort and jointly help make sure that you life a life of happiness, harmony and complete bliss. What most people tend not to realize is that to be able to achieve this requires a lot of hard work and effort.
For the purpose of finding the perfect life partner, simply registering with a matrimonial website is not enough. In fact it is just the beginning. When you register with a matrimonial website, you should first have complete clarity on what it is exactly that you are expecting out of your own life as well as from your life partner. Let’s go through these ideas which will help you find the perfect spouse for you online –
1. Any online matrimonial website is going to give you access to thousands of profiles of prospective brides and grooms. How would you recognize the perfect match for yourself? To begin with, it is important for you have a fair idea as to what you want him or her to be like. Each individual has their own set of ideas when it comes to the ‘perfect love’. Try to make your judgment on factors such as likes, dislikes, goals in life, ideas, attitudes and belief systems.
2. Every time you interact with a potential life partner from the website, try to mental cross of these items from the list and tally the areas where you are compatible and where you aren’t to make an unbiased an informed decision.
3. However exciting it may sound to have a life partner who is extremely good looking or rich, the fact of the matter is that it is the non-materialistic things that will help you create a strong and long lasting marriage.
In addition to gauging what you want out of your life partner, also remember to have a fair idea of what you expect out of your relationship. Through the conversations you have with him or her try to gauge whether or not he or she will be able to fulfill those needs. It is important to be realistic and also remember that every relationship is a two way street. You get as much as you give.
India is growing to become a hub for destination weddings for Indians as well as tourists from around the world. With more and more people looking for innovative ways to get married, there are a number of spots across the country where you can organize a wedding of a lifetime compete with Indian matrimonial traditions and all the fan fare.
To be able to pull off a destination wedding, it is important that you hire a professional wedding planner who will guide you through all the important and smaller decisions that need to be taken. Here is a list of some of the most popular destination wedding spots in India -
Goa is without doubt on the top of the list of popular destination wedding spots. Indians and foreigners alike absolutely love the entire experience of tying the knot in this beach state. Almost all of the many luxury hotels that exist here offer some great options in helping you create the perfect setting for your big day. With the correct licenses and permits, you can also choose to get married on the beach.
Moving further north, the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur offers numerous opportunities for those who wish to experience a traditional Rajasthani wedding. With a large diversity in the wedding venues, you can pick the scale of your event and create a magical and royal set up for yourself and your guests.
From old mansions, to palaces and privately run luxury hotels; you can pick from some exquisite options. This city offers ample opportunity for you to conduct a traditional Indian matrimonial. Research some of their popular wedding venues and you will realize how easy it is to create the perfect romantic atmosphere for your wedding day.
Another very popular destination in the state of Rajasthan, this city is extremely popular for its lakes and palaces. The charming city of Udaipur offers some royal, historical as well as modern wedding venues which can be easily converted into the perfect fairy tale setting that you have always dreamed off.
Home to some of the best palace hotels in the world, this city has something to offer all kinds of brides and grooms.
Yet another classic destination to choose from, Jodhpur is home to Umaid Bhavan Palace hotel which overlooks the ‘Blue City’ of Jodhpur from a Hill top. This modern day palace offers all the royalty with all the amenities and infrastructure of a modern home. With the royal family still occupying a section of this grand palace, this makes for an exquisite location for you and your life partner to say the “I Do’s”.
The state of Kerala offers an interesting array of wedding venues where you can wed amidst the tropical environment. Kumarakom and Alleppey present to you the gorgeous backwaters of Kerala, where you can wed in traditional South Indian style.
For those with a not so extensive wedding budget, there are a vast number of locations to choose from which offer the same scenic setting and environment that helps create the perfect setting for your wedding day.
Indian weddings have been made popular around the world because of cinema and bollywood which appropriately portray them with all the grandeur and festivities. Besides that, with all the different casts and creeds that reside within the country, there are a number of different methods and ceremonies that are followed by people from different backgrounds.
Who are the Kayasthas?
Kayasthas are considered to be a sub-sect of the Brahmin cast and are commonly found in the northern parts of India. They are referred to the writing caste and worship Lord Chitragupta, whose temples incidentally are found in down south especially in Kanchipuram.
This cast mainly follows the same system of marriage irrespective of where they reside, with a small influence of the local traditions and rituals. Like other Brahmin sub-castes, they too prefer to marry within their own sect.
What to Expect in a Kayastha Matrimonial Ceremony
A Kayastha wedding ceremony is typically consists of the following events.
1. The Bariksha is a ceremony that represents that the girl and the boy accept each other’s proposal of marriage. This ritual is completed with the girls family presents the boy with a silver bowl of rice, supari, turmeric powder and money as blessings.
2. The Sagai, which is the engagement ceremony, involves the exchange of the engagement rings between the bride and the groom to be. Here, it is the family of the groom visits the home of the girl with gifts, dresses and jewellery for the bride.
3. The Haldi ceremony takes place in both houses for the girl and the boy. This event signifies the purification of the soul and a blissful beginning of a new life.
4. The Tilak ceremony is a lot like the Sagai but it is the bride’s family presenting all the gifts to the groom.
5. The Mehendi is an event celebrated much closer to the day to the wedding, where henna is applied in beautiful design forms on the bride, close family, relatives and friends. What is unique about a Kayastha matrimonial is that henna is applied on the hands of the groom also.
These events are followed by the primary events of the wedding, bidai and reception which is a modern take on presenting the newly wedded couple to family, friends and loved ones.
As per the cast system that has been followed in India for over a thousand years, Brahmins are considered to be on the top of the hierarchy, followed by Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Shudras. Even though this system is not necessarily followed as strictly in today’s day and age, many people are still particular about making sure that they at least marry into the same caste as far as possible.
On the other hand, it is a known fact that Indian marriages are like festivals; celebrated with great pomp and joy. A marriage is considered to be among the most important celebrations in a family and tend to get pretty extravagant with all the colours, music, dance, food and events which span over multiple days.
Brahmin Matrimonial ceremonies follow their own set of rituals and traditions while keeping up with the Indian enthusiasm of celebrations.
Rituals and Customs in a Brahmin Matrimonial
A quintessential Brahmin wedding ceremony is characteristic of very elaborate customs that consist of ceremonies such as the Engagement, Jaimala, Pheras, Kanyadaan and Bidai. India being a very vast, diverse and secular country means that even within a particular cast, there are derivations as to how certain traditions and rituals are followed in different parts.
For example, there is a vast difference in the wedding ceremonies conducted in South India and North India in spite of many people belonging to the same cast.
Finding the Right Partner
Like other communities, Brahmin Matrimonial community is very possessive and conscious about the caste in which their sons and daughters marry into. Back in the days, it was the heads of the family or community that decided what would make a suitable matrimonial union. This was done by taking into consideration a number of factors such as familial background, ethnicity, caste, status, education etc.
Today, with the cultures opening up a little more, brides and grooms have the freedom to find their own life partners. The use of technology and the internet facilitates the possibility of finding Brahmin brides and grooms from all parts of the world.