Mars or Mangal in Sanskrit is the planet that causes Mangal Dosha. Presence of Mars in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th houses of the natal chart causes Mangal Dosh or Manglik Dosha. This placement is called a dosha since Mars exercises mild to extreme negative influence on the native turns negative when placed in these houses. The native is termed as Mangalik.
In some parts of India, this Dosha is also known as Angarka, Kuja or Chevvai Dosham. Manglik dosha primarily impacts the native’s personality and marital life. All aspects of marriage takes a hit from Mangal dosha depending on the magnitude of the dosha.
But there are some planetary combinations and Yogas that can cancel this dosha. In some cases, it can neutralize major effects of this dosha and bless happy married life.
Following are the planetary combinations or benefic alignments in a chart which can cancel the dosha completely or neutralize the Martian negative impacts on the native,
- When Mars is placed in the ascendant houses Aries, Leo or Aquarius signs, it cancels Mangal Dosha. This placement of Mars disables the negative downside of the dosha.
- When the houses 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th where Mars is located is its own sign or signs/houses owned by Mars’s friend planets, Manglik Dosha does not apply on the native
- If any of the houses 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th related to Mangal dosha are Mars’s own sign houses, Aries or Scorpio, the dosha is neutralised and the native is said to be under positive heightened effects of Mangal/Mars.
- When Mars is in 2nd house of Gemini or Virgo there is no Manglik dosha for the native.
- Presence of Mars in the 4th house in Aries or Scorpio sign will nullify Manglik dosha.
- Mangal Dosha is canceled when Mars is present in the 7th house in Cancer or Capricorn sign.
- Most effects of the dosha is greatly reduced when Mars in the 8th house is signs Sagittarius (Dhanur) or Pisces (Meen). With benefic planets in the house, it can also nullify the dosha.
- When Mars is placed in Taurus or Libra signs as 12th house, then Manglik Dosha is greatly diminished.
- When Mars is well aspected by a benefic planet like Jupiter or Venus that are benevolent and positive on their own, then Manglik dosha is not applicable.
- When planet Venus is placed in the first house or Ascendant or lagna, placement of Mars in any of the houses for the dosha does not result in Manglik dosha.
- If benefic planet Venus is placed in exalted sign Pisces, in 1st, 4th, or 7th houses in a birth chart, then Manglik dosha is cancelled.
- If Mars is exalted in Capricorn or in any of His own signs -Aries or Scorpio in Navamsa chart, the dosha does not exert its impact on the native’s marital life. The extreme impacts of Manglik dosha on marriage aspects of the native is nullified when Mars is exalted in Navamsa chart.
- Strong natal moon or Mercury aid in reducing the impact of Mangal Dosha. Moon blesses calm mind and Mercury controls most aggression that arises from due to Mars and implement with intelligence to deal impulsive situations.
- Just like the math rule ‘Two negatives become positive’, when both boy and girl are Manglik, their marriage unison can powerfully cancel out Manglik dosha. This is the reason why an high mangal dosha native or double manglik has to marry another manglik.
- Expert Astrologers also suggest that Mangal Dosha effects naturally gets cancelled after 28 years of age. In case of Anshik manglik (partially manglik) the dosha impacts recede at the age of 18.
Planet Mars called Mangal in Sanskrit plays an important role in Mangal dosha. Mars in certain houses in a horoscope causes dosha.
Who is a Manglik?
A native with Mars in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th houses is termed as Manglik.
Should we check Mars’s position in Navamsa chart for Mangal dosha?
For marriage aspects, it is imperative to check Mars’s position and state in both Natal chart and Navamsa Chart. If Mars is positively exalted in Navamsa, it cancels Manglik dosha.
What forms Mangal Dosha in a natal chart?
Presence of Mars in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th houses of the natal chart forms Mangal dosha.
Is Mangal dosha affected by the benefic planets or yogas?
Yes, Mangal dosha can be canceled or nullified by benefic planetary combinations or Raja yogas are present in a chart.