Planning a Wedding on a Budget
With your matrimonial approaching soon, you need to start getting more careful about how your plan your wedding, or you will one day realize you have gone way overboard your budget, and you just didn’t realize how. With more and more Indian weddings getting influenced by television and bollywood, everyone tends to get a little extravagant when it comes to celebrating the wedding. Not only does this include your ceremony but a platter of other events that typically span over a week.
It is understandable that while you are planning your matrimonial event you want to take all the possible measures with respect to cutting costs without having to compromise on the quality of the events you host.
1. The first thing to do is to involve both the families and discuss the scale at which you intend to take the wedding. If this isn’t done, there can be a major disconnect in expectations. The idea is to make sure you are on the same page when it comes to how elaborate you want the Manglik Marriage to be.
2. Also have clarity on who will be paying for what or what percent of the expenses will be borne by whom. You do not want to ruin a happy occasion with these stresses closer to the day of the wedding.
3. Now that you have settled the nitty-gritty’s of basic budgeting and payment, start talking to various vendors such as banquet halls, caterers, bands etc and acquire quotes. Get a basic idea of the average cost of these in market and shortlist those which are closest to your budget.
4. Don’t be afraid to work around your expectations to be able to stick to the budget. Just because you have a budgeted wedding does not mean it’s going to be of low quality.
5. Statistics show that almost all wedding spends exceed by about 15%. So keep that buffer in mind while you are setting aside a budget.
6. In addition to the basic wedding expenses such as venue, decor, catering, jewelry, attire, invitations, and photography, there are a number of hidden costs that also need to be consideration. Simple things like delivery of the invitations, salon and mehendi for the bride, etc. Try to dissect as many aspects of planning the matrimonial as possible, to minimize the surprises when it comes to planning the event.
7. Always keep an eye out for deals. For example, many stylists will offer early bird discounts to those brides who book them in advance. Try buying your wedding outfits at sales. If you look hard enough, you are bound to find some great designer wear at a reasonable cost.
8. Every penny saved is a penny earned. Plan the logistics of your wedding to ensure optimum efficiency when it comes to hosting your guests without having to waste any additional expenses.
Additionally, work on your negotiation skills. The harder you bargain the more you save. Do be afraid to demand for what you expect out of your matrimonial event. There will always be a vendor out there who will be more than willing you offer you his services.
Why Mangliks Should Marry A Manglik Only – www.mangliks.com
Ms.Kaamini Khanna Our Mangliks Astro Guru Explains The Effects Of Manglik Dosh And Why Mangliks Should Marry A Manglik Only.